Browse All |  By Type |  By Department |  By Category |  By Topic
Results 1-50 of 50
Who do I call if I need the Fire Department?
If it is an emergency call 911. For non-emergency questions please call (314) 524-3313
How do I get Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Detectors for my home?
Residents of Berkeley homes can contact the Fire Department at (314) 400-3606 to schedule an appointment to have us come out and install detectors.
Can I get a tour of the Berkeley Fire Department?
Please call (314) 400-3606 to schedule your tour of our facilities. We give tours to families, school classes and groups.
When is the Fire Prevention Festival?
This year our festival will be held on October 8th from 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. at Berkeley Fire House No. 1 which is located at 8401 Airport Road.
Does Berkeley Fire Department participate in area events?
We try to attend all events. Please call at least 2 weeks prior to schedule. Fire and medical emergencies are our first priority.
How do I get a Fire Report?
Fire Reports cost $10.00. You must show proof of ownership, resident, HIPPA release form, Driver's License, etc.
Does the Fire Department visit classrooms?
Yes. We visit schools, day and elderly care facilities. Please contact us to schedule (314) 400-3606.
What are City of Berkeley’s regular business hours?
8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday, except for major observed holidays.
What Holidays are observed by the City of Berkeley?
New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after, Christmas Day.
How do I apply for a position with the City of Berkeley?
You can apply for a position by clicking the Human Resource Department and select current openings and select the application and complete online.
How can I get a police report and how much does it cost?
The cost for a police report is $10.00, please allow 5 to 10 working days after the incident to request your report.
Can I get a background check completed by your department?
The background check process is conducted at the St. Louis County Police Department, any dispositions that require updating from Berkeley will be completed by Berkeley PD once the paperwork is received.
Do I need a tow release?
A vehicle tow release is required prior to any vehicle being released from the tow yard.
What type of licenses are processed by the Finance Department?
There are several different licenses that the City of Berkeley requires.
How can I obtain a landlord’s license?
In order to obtain a landlord license an application will need to be completed.
What is the fee associated with the landlord license?
The license fee is $25.00.
When do I need to renew my license?
The license needs to be renewed annually.
How can I find out if I owe taxes for my property?
Access to your tax records can be obtained through the Saint Louis County website.
What are the hours of operation for the Inspections Division?
The Inspections Counter is open from 8:30 a.m. - 4:45 p.m., Monday through Friday. Field Inspectors work from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday and are typically in the office until 9:00 a.m. daily.
Who must have an Occupancy Permit?
Any person residing in a residential property or occupying commercial space within the City of Berkeley.
When is an Occupancy Permit Required?
Before a person is allowed to move into a property, located in the City of Berkeley, the property must be inspected by a City of Berkeley Inspector.
How can I add, change, or delete a person’s name from my Occupancy Permit?
There is a fee of $50.00 to make any change to an existing occupancy permit.
When is a building permit required?
Generally, a permit is required for any structural work, roof repair or replacement, replacing/expanding driveway, and installing 5 or more windows.
As a homeowner, can I pull the building permit?
No, the City of Berkeley requires that if the homeowner is having a contractor do the work, the contractor should file for the permit.
What other permits are required?
Mechanical/Electrical and Plumbing Permits are required in the City of Berkeley, the work shall be a licensed contractor.
What is SWPPP?
Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs) are a requirement of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) that regulates water quality when associated with construction or industrial activities.
Do I need a permit for a fence?
Yes, a fence permit is required. Submit a fence permit application, site plan and a description of the fence. The fence review takes about 7-10 days.
When is a Plot Plan or New Survey required?
As a rule, any time that the "footprint" of a primary or accessory building changes, a new plot plan and as-built survey are required.
My neighbor and I are having a dispute regarding the boundary line of our properties. Who can I call in City Hall to help me?
Boundary disputes are personal legal matters and are not within the jurisdiction of the municipality (Note: Unless a municipal boundary is the subject of the problem).
Can you recommend a carpenter or home improvement person to me so that I can have some property maintenance or property repairs performed?
No. We cannot recommend anyone to you.
How do I apply for Sewer Lateral Repair?
If an owner is experiencing a problem with the lateral sewer line, the owner should contact a plumbing company or a drain and sewer cleaning company to have the line cabled.
How do I prevent plumbing pipes backup?
Just as fats, oils, and grease (FOG) clog our arteries, they also clog pipes both inside your home and outside in our sewer system.
How can I reserve the civic center or one of your parks?
To reserve the civic center or a city park please call 314-524-3313.
Do I have to be a member of the community to reserve the civic center or parks?
No. Any person is eligible to rent our parks or facility. However, priority is given to residents.
How much does it cost to reserve your facilities?
Berkeley Residents: $200.00 + $100 Damage Deposit = $300.00/Non-Residents: $300.00 + $100 Damage Deposit = $400.00
When is municipal court held?
We have court the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Thursday of each month. Each month our website page is updated with our court dates and times.
Where is your traffic violation office located?
We are located at 8425 Airport Rd.
Does your court accept faxed entries?
Yes, we do our fax number is 314-264-2075.
Can I get a continuance for my court date?
Yes, one will be granted for the initial court date, you must appear in person with your ID at the traffic violation bureau located at 8425 Airport Rd.
What time does court start?
Court starts at 6:00 p.m. and doors open at 5:30 p.m.
What time is attorney’s call?
Attorneys call is at 5:30 .pm.
When will I receive my recommendation from the prosecutor?
Please allow 2 to 3 weeks after the court date.
What are your methods of payment?
We accept cash, money order, cashier’s check, and debit/credit cards. There is a $4.00 fee per debit/credit card transaction.
How can I find out how many points I have on my license?
Please contact Department of Revenue 1(573) 751-4475.
How do I request records and how much does it cost?
Complete a request for records form, submit it to the City Clerk and allow at least 72 hours for a response.
When are the council meetings?
Regular scheduled council meetings are on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month at 8425 Airport Road, Berkeley, MO 63134. Refer to the website calendar for any cancelations.
How do I file a complaint/compliment?
Complete a complaint/compliment form, submit it to the director of the department in question or submit it to the city clerk, who will distribute to the correct person or city council members.
What is Berkeley’s Form of Government?
Council-Manager form of Government.
What is the council-manager form of government?
The council-manager form is the system of local government that combines the strong political leadership of elected officials in the form of a governing body, with the strong managerial experience of an appointed local government manager.
What year was the City of Berkeley incorporated?
The City of Berkeley was incorporated in 1937.
Results 1-50 of 50